It’s been a great fortnight for the campaign, in which we spoke to hundreds of people over four events about the importance of the Living Wage for Greater Manchester:
- We spoke at the North West Living Wage summit, where we heard the great news that Rochdale Council will soon be paying the full Living Wage!
- We spoke at the launch of “In Place of Pay Inequality”, alongside excellent contributions from many others. There was great enthusiasm for the campaign and for fairer pay across Gtr Manchester, and good things will come out of the meeting – read more about it here, and watch this space!
- We spoke at the Manchester Black & Minority Ethnic Network, sparking off debates about how BME people are disproportionately affected by low pay, and how to address this
- At the People’s Assembly we presented a People’s Budget based on what government can do to support the Living Wage
- We also had a half hour slot on Mike Shaft’s BBC Radio Manchester show to talk about the campaign
Many thanks and well done to all who made this Fortnight possible, and let’s keep the momentum up as we continue to engage workers and employers, and as we build towards Living Wage Week, 2-8th November.