This Sunday 24th November Manchester City play at 1:30pm and Manchester United at 4pm, so it’s a great opportunity to call on both great clubs to pay a Living Wage to all their in-house and contracted staff, to become the first official Living Wage football clubs in the Premier League.
Just tweet or post on Facebook why you think they should pay a Living Wage, with #mcfc and/or #mufc hashtags from 1pm on Sunday afternoon – please keep it positive and constructive! You can ask others to join the call too, especially people with a lot of followers or friends.
We think they should pay a Living Wage because:
- it’s the right thing to do
- they claim to value all of their staff
- it’ll make Manchester a better place, and give us something else to be proud of
- they can afford to pay their top stars over £200k per week, while some low-paid staff struggle to make a living
- they’d beat London clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea to it!
Feel free to use any of these reasons, or to think one up yourself.
- Arsenal is urged by Islington Council to pay all workers the London living wage (islingtongazette.co.uk)